What Is Certass?
Certass stands for Certification and Assessment and as already stated above, is one of the Government’s licensed Competent Person Schemes.
On behalf of scheme members, Certass will:
- Register the installation electronically with the relevant
- Local Authority Building Control Office.
- Issue a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate to you. You will need this certificate should you decide to move house.
Why Should I Use a Certass Registered Company?
- Certass is user friendly for both the consumer and contractors.
- All contractors registered with Certass are required to be vetted by both Certass and their registered Insurance Provider.
- All contractors must provide you with the opportunity toInsurance Back their Guarantee. Therefore in the unlikely event that they should cease to trade, their Guarantee would still be honoured by their registered Insurance Provider.
- Replacement certificates are available free of charge, should the original become lost.
- By using a Certass registered contractor, it saves the householder having to go through their Local Authority Building Control office, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Certificates are issued direct to the consumer, normally within 14 days of notification of the installation by the contractor.